Have brown mole with ingrown hair above lip. Should I be worried?

my 10 year old has a brown mole above his lip that recently grew within the last 3 years or so. It has hair growing out of it. I brought him in for his bi yearly dental check and the dentist told me we should see his Dr. to get it checked and removed. He said it was odd for a 10 year old to have a mole with hair growing out of it. We just had a lesion on his head biopsied and just heard this last week that it was benign reactive lesion with many inflamatory cells. Just wondering how much I should worry about this?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013