Have breathlessness. Have sinusitis. Took antibiotics, herbal medicines. What to do?

I have been having breathing difficulty for the past few months. It started when I got sick. About a week after that, I hrnoticing a need to continuously take really deep breaths. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and put on antibiotics, which did not do much for that specific problem, but I was no longer draining thick clear mucus. Later, I developed a new problem. It felt like I could get a satisfying breath much more easily, but the breaths I was taking were not as deep as they normally are. I heard it could be hyperventilation syndrome and anxiety but I don't see how it explains the shortness of breath, as it is constant and doesn't go away when I am relaxed. All this time, my oxygen level has not dropped or anything and is usually 98 or 99. I have tried xopenex, alka seltzer, mucinex, and just about every herbal medicine you can think of. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013