Have breathlessness. Have been diagnosed with costrochrodintis. How to get relief from this?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with costrochronditis. I am mostly concerned with the fact that it affects my breathing. It starts out as spasms in the middle of my chest and then I lose my air for approximatley 15 seconds. In order to get relief, I have to lift my arms up or lay flat on my back. This is very scary and I've been dealing with it for approximatley 4 weeks. It appears to wax and wayne. I can go from misery to happiness within the same 5 minutes. There are certain movements that will bring it on and then certain movements that will make it go away. I am a very active individual and I want to get back to the gym, but not until this nightmare is gone. How long does it take for costrochronditis to go away or is it here to stay? Can I workout if I avoid lifting weights that affect the chest area? Help?????? Thank you! :)
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013