Have breathing difficulty with pain. Asthma runs in family. Cause and cure?

My Husband is 30 years old. He suffers from chest pain and breathing difficulty almost once in a month. He says he feels that his chest is shrinking or severe pressure. has a family history of asthma . During the pain, he sleeps without fan, and switches off the ac in the car...this makes him feel better...normally he doesnt wear a tshirt when sleeping. during these attacks he does wear t shirts. he has once mentioned that he had suffered some blow to the chest from a friend of his during a fight. during these pain attacks however there is mucus and cough . We live in an area where there is relatively lesser pollution ..there is no history of heart diseases in the family. could u please help us?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013