Have breast cancer. Family history of bone cancer. Possible to get cancer from relative?

My great-grandmother on my mother s side died of bone cancer eleven years ago and they are sure that she started out with colon cancer. She was in too much pain to do any tests on her to figure it out for sure. Now my mother who is forty-two has been diagnosed with breast cancer . My question is if it is possible to get cancer from a relative but in a different part of the body? She s been tested to see if her breast cancer is genetic and it came back that it was not genetic, but does that mean just breast cancer or cancer in general? I have a lump in my breast that was diagnosed as a fibro tumor , but I still plan on going to the doctor.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012