Have brachial plexus injury in arm. Prescribed birth control pills due to no periods. Numbness in side

Hi, my name is Sarah. I am 19 years old. 5 6 height, about 144 in weight and I take dance class and long walks plus, I do like eating healthy. What I m going to tell you is what I think is wrong with me but you may prove me wrong and give me a better answer so here I go. First off, I have to start off with my first problem, I have Brachial plexus injury in my left arm due to the fact that my doctor pulled me out of my mother s womb when he should of done a c-section. Always he ripped my shoulder tearing a nerve cause me to lose control in my arm. Due to great parent, the worked with my arm so by the age of two I regained control of my left arm again. Though I can only half feel in my arm and half control my arm, I m not that mad about it. However, this is where your going to think I m weird, but please continue to follow with me. Due to being sick for a while I went to a doctor to get some meds. (I did get better but not with the doctors meds just to let you know) Anyways, this doctor, not my normal family doctor,(he was on vacation) keep asking about my period every time I came back to the doctor about the meds. (Big thing is I ve always had a tough time with my period, I was on birth control when I was in grade 9 to help with the heavy cramps and pains during my period, however I ve always had one period that s fine and one that is late over and over again, I never know when I m going to have it. It could be a few days or 2 to 3 weeks after it s due.) So the doctor ask me if my period has started and I told him no, cause this was the one that was always late. So after going to the doctors three times, he gives me the birth control pills for 3 months to take without taking any breaks between them. I m on my 2nd one of the 3 and I am leaking old period stuff. Which comes to the place where your going to think I m strange, I have less control over the whole left side of my body from my head to my left foot . I can do grab and shake faster with my right side then my left side. Example: My right foot I can shake it side to side really fast, and when flex my toes I can feel it, where on my left foot it can t shake as fast as the right and I can only feel half when my toes are flexed. So what I m thinking is that whatever nerve was damaged in my shoulder area cause the less feeling and movement in the left side of my body. Also there are to sacks in which my period is stored one on the right and one on the left. What if this is cause my period to be late every second one and cause to leaking cause I have less control with the sack cause it to do this and not close right. Anyways this is what I think, and I know I could be wrong but I just what to find an answer to this problem and if it can be fixed or not. Thank you. I hope to get your answer very soon. Sarah
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012