Have blurred vision, dizziness, high BP, palpitations. On thyroxin and eye drop, Is it due to the medication?

Hi my tsh was 6 and my doctor put me on eu thyroxin. He increased the dose from 0 - 32.5 mg within a span of 20 days ( 5 days 12.5 mg next 5 days 25 mg and the next 10 days 32.5 mg) He says I need 50 mg but I am sensitive to medicines and especially thyroxin needs to be administered slowly. In those 20 days my bp started going up and I was feeling dizzy and experienced blurred vision. The bp was often in the range of 150/110. I was then advised to take bisoprolol - ratiopharm N3 (0.75 mg) to be taken as a dosage of 0.75 mg. This was to control the bp and palpitations caused by 37.5 mg of thyroxin. I visited the opthalmologist who said i have dry eyes and gave me eyedrops to use. The vision has not gotten better. I used to use my glasses to read and watch tv earlier, now I have to use my glasses most of the time to see clearly. Is bisaprolol or thyroxin ( given in such dosage within 20 days) known to give blurred vision? I was taking the same prescription of beta blocker and thyroxine earlier but it was called bisoprolol-CT N3 and L thyroxine. could that have made a difference. At that time I had no blurred vision. Is this the result of excess medication in a short span of time or dry eyes or adverse reaction of the meds? Could someone please please help me. My doctors are advising patience and to wait till the vision clears up. I need some reassurance that this will get better - Rac
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013