Have blood in stools. Have hiatal hernia and polyps in stomach. Related?

I saw blood around my stool yesterday. I have been noticing it for a couple of weeks but at the time I couldn't tell for sure what whether I was seeing it or not because it was real light and yesterday there was no question it was blood. Should I go to the Er now or schedule an appointment with my doctor tomorrow.

I have a hiatal hernia. A few years ago they ran a scope of my stomach and saw I had polyps. Could that have something to do with it?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Hi--while this probably isn't an emergency you need to let your doctor know about it right away. The possible causes would be hemorrhoids, an anal fissure, a colon polyp, possibly inflammatory bowel disease, and, least likely, colon cancer. You'll need a colonoscopy procedure to find the cause, but most likely it's just internal hemorrhoids