Have blood along with stool. Have been diagnosed IBS earlier and on mebeverine medication. Why is it?

I was diagnosed with ibs 4 months ago and doctor gave me mebeverine tablets to take. I fluctuate between constipation and diarrhea when ibs kicks in. But today i had normal stool but when wiped i has bright blood on tissue. I wiped later to see if any more blood and had another blood streak. Then after I went toilet again later in day when i wiped blood again. Im worried if this is anything serious.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013