Have bloated belly and pain. CT scan shows colon wall is thickened. Suggestions?

I recently went to my doctor due to some cramping in my lower abdomen, mostly on the left side & because I noticed I was passing large white chunks along with my stool (about grape-size). My doctor put me on 2 antibiotics to treat possible diverticulitis or colitis & set up a CT scan . The CT scan showed no Diverticulitis, but did show that my colon wall is thickened, so I m being sent for a colonoscopy next week. In the meantime I m trying to figure out what s going on with my body.....I don t know if it was the antibiotics, which did upset my stomach, but the past few days my belly is so bloated & distended I look as if I m 5 months pregnant, the lower left pain is constantly aching followed by short stabbing pains, my stomach always feels full so it s very hard to eat much. My doctor said I may have Crohns or UC, will either of these diseases show up on the colonoscopy? And is there anything I can do before then to reduce the bloating/fullness?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013