Have bleeding in vagina after masturbating. Should I be concerned?

So I masturbated with 4 skinny highlighters, and I let them go all the way in me by sitting on them. After I took them out, there was a little blood spatter on them. So I decided to stick a wet q-tip in to see if I was still bleeding and it came back out a faint red (probably because of the water). I ve done it several times this hour and it still comes back with a little blood. Should I be concerned? btw it s not my period, I m 100% positive. Read more: Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum - Bleeding in my vagina after masturbating WWW.WWWW.WW Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
There is no need to panic at the moment.
You don't have to repeatedly insert q tip again and again to see the bleeding as it might be scratching the wound and not letting it heal.
Go to the doctor if bleeding becomes big or if it becomes painful or if bleeding after masturbation has occurred in the past also.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't use just anything to pleasure yourself with. Some items may have hard to see, sharp angles that can cut or scratch you. The flesh inside you is very tender and sensitive.  You also need to make sure that you're not using the item too roughly.
I know it's embarassing but if you feel the need to play around with sex toys you need to get the proper sex toys and not any other item.
Thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Gustav Gous's  Response
It is not a good idea to mastrubate with objects that are not designed to insert into the vagina safely. Because the bleeding is not heavy this should settle down by itself, but you must refrain from mastrubating or inserting anything into the vagina for at least 14 days to allow time for healing. Watch closely for infection(abnormal discharge, pain or fever or glands in the groin) if this happens see a doctor right away.