Have bleeding from 3 weeks, missed period after injection, given provera, tired, back pain. On protein diet. Stop?

I am 53 years old. I had the shot from the doctor around six months ago, and it stopped my period within 24 hours. I didn't have another period for a good 3 months. But now I have been going for over 3 weeks straight. The doctor put me on Provera for 10 days, I am on my 5 day, and I am going worse than ever and am very tired and have lower back pain. Is this ever going to stop? Plus I am on a high protein diet, since february 22nd and have only lost 12lbs. The doctor said I should of lost at least 18lbs by now.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013