Have bipolar 1, took lithium, had goiters, on seroquel. What is wrong?

First time I have viewed this site. I have Bipolar 1 - diagnosed in 1974 and took Lithium until 2004 at which time my kidneys failed to excrete it and I had a build up. At that time started taking Seroquel XR (600 mg) and Zoloft . In 2008 my Internist found that I had goiters on my thyroid and enlarged hyperthyroid glands and had to have all that removed. Question: Would Lithium be safe for me now in light of the thyroid removal. I have gained 35 pounds on Seroquel and just cannot seem to be able to lose it. I did not have a weight problem on Lithium. I sleep (too much) on Seroquel, but I tried a lower dose and that did not work. I just seemed to be a happier, more outgoing, person on the Lithium. I did not sleep as well on the Lithium but a small doseage of Xanax, etc. could help that. My Question is really - could I tolerate Lithium now. I take Synthroid, potassium chloride , prilosec, Atenolol and Hydrothyazide in addition to Seroquel and Zoloft.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013