Have bigger tonsil one side. Prone to tonsillitis after sweets, drinks. Advised warm saline gargle, no change

My right tonsil is a bit bigger than my left tonsil. I don't know how long it has been. All I know is that I am prone from tonsilitis everytime I eat sweet foods and drink juices and sodas. I never smoke and drink alcoholic drinks. I just want to know if it is just okay or I need to go to the doctor to ask an advice? Before I've been to a check up and the doctor said that I just gargle a warm water with salt. I did it but still the right tonsil is a bit bigger.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013