Have been suffering from back ache for a long time The lower back

Hi, I have been suffering from back ache for a long time The lower back is the problem area...also, shoulder muscles aches whenever I sit without back support I have had this pain for the last ten years...on and off. he pain gets bad whenevr I am on a long trip or walk for too long...basically any strenous excercise makes it worse. Normal activities are not a problem Couple of years back I went for physiotherapy which helped at the time but no lasting benefit . The first time I had this problem the doctor after a XRAY and Scan diagnosed a ligament injury in the lower back area...for which he said there is no permanent cure. Could that be true?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010