Have been referred to neurologist, for migraine. Take second opinion?

I only have a few minutes.. I am going to see my neurologist who is treating me for migraines. My case is complex and I am not progressing like I would like so another doctor referred me to a Headache Neurologist. I have to wait two months to see her, I am torn whether to give my current doctor the head's up that I am going for a second opinion especially since I don't know how it will turn out. He is local, I will to travel a good distance to see her. any thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013