Have been on microgynon pill. Why is there itchiness and lumps on body?

I have been on the microgynon 30 pill for about 4 months now. Several weeks ago I experienced itchiness on my legs and this went away. However, in the last few days I have experienced random itchiness on my upper body (back, arms, chest ). There are a few small lumps around the areas , but not a lot. I have read other peoples experiences with this pill and they coincidently have had the same or similar symptom. Does this go away?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012

Microgynon 30 is oral pill to prevent gestation, contains ethinyl estridiol and levonorgestrel. There are so many side effects of this combined molecule.
One of them is itchy rash. There may be papules on trunk and extremities with mild to severe itchiness..

I usually advise in patients having such problem to stop this drug. And to use other method for contraception.

You may take levocetirizine and steroid for short period to relieve the rash.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD