Have been on birth control with sugar pills, brown discharge. What could this be?

Hi, I have been on birth control for a while now and (since my boyfriend was coming back) I decided to start a new pack. However, I didn't realize that I was already in the middle of the sugar pills and therefore, I still got my period anyways. It was lighter but it defeated the purpose of starting a new pack early. Now that I am almost finished my pack it seems like I'm having brown discharge still coming out and I'm started to get worried. What could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013