Have been diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. Have unconsciousness, tongue biting and muscle contraction. Can I discontinue medicines later?

Hello Doctor, I have been diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy (JME), since almost 20 years now. As with this form of disease, the seizure or jerk last for few min. esp after sleep or when I am not fully awake. Over the years, I have been given Sodium Valporate based medicines like Valparin, Valence and Encorate Chrono. I have shown to some of the best doctors in this field like Dr. R.S.Wadia (Ruby Hall, Pune); Dr. Ichaporia (Jehangir Hospital, Pune); Dr. Bhat (Manipal Hospital, Bangalore) and Dr. Ashok Singhal (Apollo Hospital, Bangalore). Some 5 years back, after continous medication, I stopped the medicine and I have to face more serious consequence including falling unconscious, biting tongue and muscle contraction . That s when I realized that English medication can only control the disease and NOT cure it. Considering that taking these medications over a long time will have some side effects, I am now tempted to try alternate medication - Ayurveda - which states that it can eventually cure the disease (with ofcourse no side effects). I am told that it would be a slow process - taking many years - but eventually it would be CURED . Ayurveda doctor has clearly stated that - sudden stoppage of English medicine wont happen - but gradually over the years, we can reach a stage when it can be discontinued. I want to know what is your thoughts on the same?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012