Have been coughing for a long time. Have been diagnosed asthma. What to do?

For like the past two years, I have been coughing up clear phlegm that is so viscous that it often gets stuck on the walls of my throat, and I struggle hacking it up when it clogs it. I use to could sing, but now this overflow of mucus makes it near impossible. Also I believe I may have post nasal drip syndrome, because sometimes when I wake up, my throat is temporarily irritated like their is dried up mucus in there. Why all of a sudden? Is there any way I can get rid of it, because it feels like I am slightly sick, due to the fact that every time I bend over for a minute or two my nose runs, I always wake up with a congested nose that lasts for 30 min, and that coughing up phlegm leaves me with a sore throat. I have also been diagnosed with asthma from seasonal allergies, but this seem to last every season, especially spring, help?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013