Have been addicted to eating sponge. Feels stressed and craving to eat it. What is wrong?

This will sound really strange and I m so embarrassed about this condition. I ve never told anyone about it because of the shame I feel. I m addicted to eating sponge. I started eating bath sponges when I was about 6. I am now 35. I have tried to stop at times, but when really stressed I get cravings again. Eating sponge calms me but I know it can t be good for me. I can t tell anyone about this. I am mortified.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013