Have backache, leg pain, taking epidural injections for L4, L5 impingement, recent injections less effective. Alternate?

Hello Doctor:
For L4 and L5 nerve impingement I've received a succession of 5 epidural steroid injections over the past 2 years.
The most recent 2 epidurals have been less effective, tha\n previous injections. I am 78 y.o., 5'9", 125 lbs. and
experience backache and leg pain daily and swim or walk amap.
I am interested in alternatives to the spinal injections treatment, but not necessarily surgery.
Thank you for your attention,
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013