Have back pain when dehydrated. Had Urinary Tract Infection spread to kidneys. Related?

I am having pain in my back on my right hand side. A few weeks ago I had very painful gas like cramps , mostly on the right hand side but throughout the front. About 1.5 years ago I had a urinary tract infection that was thought to have spread to my kidneys because of the fever and pain that I experienced. I have had one urinary tract infection since then and every now and then I feel this kind of pain when I am dehydrated. Could this be a problem with my kidneys?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013