Have back pain. MRI shows lumbar spondylosis and bilateral paracentral herniation. What has caused this problem?

Dear Doctor, My Husband is 42 yrs old and has been having backache since 5-6 yrs. 2 days before we got the MRI scan done & following is the result: • small posterocentral and bilateral paracentral herniation of L4-L5 disc indenting L5 nerve roots on both side. • small left Para central herniation of L5-S1 disc indenting the left S1 nerve root. • lumbar spondylosis . I m unable to understand these medical terminologies. our doctor has said that he had a mild stroke and I m very worried...please let me know if that was really stroke which has caused this problem or it is just spine/ neuro disorder.. Kind regards, Geetha
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013