Have back and joint pain, physically weak and dizzy. Taking steroid injection. Should I continue?

Hi I m advised by one of private doctors to have steroid injection , costing about 50$ for every 6 months. Is that good for my health? He said it s good for me to combat back pain , joint pain and to be healthy and recommended that I do exercise regularly while on the medication. Thanks. I check websites about steroid, and there re too much info about both legal and illegal steroid use. I almost doubt that the private medical practitioner prescribes me an illegal drug when reading about illegal use of steroid by athletes and bodybuilders. So should I have it injected by him once every 6 months? By the way, I m male, 31 and a bit weak physically, always dizzy and a bit overweight due to my full time sedentary work. Thanks. Please advise me in detail.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013