Have avascular necrosis on hip, leg feels cold and tingling. When should I go to the doctor?

Hello. I am a 55 male and have been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis with my right hip. I have not seen a specialist yet as I m on a waiting list here in Vancouver Wa for one that will take me as I have no insurance. But the xray my doctor ordered has been shown that is my problem. But my leg and especially my foot feels colder more and more and with a slight tingly feeling. I told my doctor and she says if it gets too bad to go to the emergency room. My question is I don t know how bad to let this get before I do go there. I don t know at what point they will see me or decide to go with some radicle procedure as I know I will no doubt need my hip replaced? Do I wait until my leg is blue or should I go as this is now happening everyday now? Thank you very much. Steve K.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012