Have atrial fibrillation. Starting menopause. Is low hormone level and AF related?

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation . I am a 52 year old women experiencing the first signs of menopause . It seems to me that hormone levels and atrial fibrillation might be related. I think my episodes seem to occur when feel a bit flat as I anticipate a possible menstrual bleed . As I now often miss a regular monthly bleed I assume my hormones are changing. I have a healthy heart and am quite fit, the AF seems to kick in when hormones levels of something are low. Is this possible?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012