Have astigmatism. Getting allergy with contacts. Taken claritin. Which is better breathable toric soft lenses or rigid gas permeable?

Was wondering what type of contacts would be better for me; breathable toric soft lenses or rigid gas permeable? I have astigmatism & have been wearing non-breathable toric soft lenses the past 3 yrs without problems. I have worn RGP s from age 13-32 without problems. I recently started a new job working outdoors & started having problems allergy symptoms & problems with my contacts drying out, itching, & feeling almost sticky feeling at times. Can t wear glasses due to them causing me to get headaches or migraines. Talked to my physician & was put on daily dose of Claritin for allergies which has helped but hasn t relieved any of the contact problems.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012