Have asthma, heart palpitations. Had black out suddenly and BP was 170/85. Suggestions?

Hi -- I normally have low/normal blood pressure --my whole life in fact (110/65 that kind of thing). Had a physical last November, was fine (turned 50). I am slim (130lbs, 5 6 ), I do have mild asthma , on meds, sometimes get heart palps but haven t had anything crucial show up on tests -- I just had an instance where I was sitting on the couch (sat down for a few minutes) and started to blackout. It didn t go all the way, faded back. Out of curiosity I used my mom s blood pressure checker and it s reading anywhere from 140/85 to like 170/80 or something - crazy high for me and it s spooked me a bit.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013