Have asthma. Chest tightening, mucus in throat, gagging

I am a 15 year old girl and I love plying sports and stuff. I used to love to run when I was younger, but then I started to not like it anymore. I had trouble breathing . It wasn t till year later I told my parents about it. I went to a walk in and they prescribed me a inhaler . I had to take it Be there in 15 mins before I exercised. It wasn t helping so we went to a specialist and they said I have symptoms but there was nothing there too show that I had asthma . I kinda just left it alone and now I am wondering am I just maybe out of shape. As I got older I got different symptoms. I don t wheeze but breath heavy and my chest tightens and hurts and I get mucus in my throat making be gag when I try and breeze. I am just wondering if maybe I am just really out of shape, but that seems weird cause I am not a lazy person I love to be active, but maybe someone could help me out
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
You need to revisit a specialist (Pulmonologist/ Chest Physician) and get yourself clinically evaluated. Investigations that may be required are chest xray, Pulmonary function tests and certain blood investigations. Base on your evaluation reports, your management will have to be titrated and you need to comply with the medications as advised on a regular basis.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist