Have arthritis, my left knee pains. Should I wear a bandage, or would that make it worse?

Hi, I have arthritis (?) In my left knee since I had a bad fall two years ago. I can still do normal activities but found if I walk fast, even for a short time, I'll be in pain format least one full day afterwards. Also riding a push bike seems to make it worse. Both these exercises are recommended by my doctors to help with other health problems. Should I wear a bandage, or would that make it worse as the knee would strain against it?

Also: a friend of mine had polio as a child, about 50 years ago (she is much older then I). Now she is in constant pain, mainly muscular, but her doctors can't help her. Would Aloe Versa, Glucosamine, Chondroitine be helpful?

Thanks for your help

Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013