Have anxiety and panic disorder. Why chest pain? Why depression? What can help me?

I have recently begun University, which has triggered a lot of anxiety . Anxiety and panic disorder is something that runs in my family, though I feel mine is different - it s not so that I get panic attacks, its that I worry about everything that is given to me/ assignments/ social settings etc. I am a total perfectionist, which could also have triggered it, and throughout high school, I have struggled with this (I would feel overwhelmed with assignments, procrastinate, get upset if I didn t get over 90% etc). My body image is also something I struggle with. Lately however, I have become even more depressed ,stressed, and have been upset/crying for days.My head has been hurting for over a week (and I have booked an appointment with a doctor to look at that) and have minor chest pains as well. I am finding it even more difficult than usual to concentrate, read (I have to constantly re-read things just to understand them) and write/ say things (like the words are there but I just can t communicate them).I also have moments (like right now) where I am full of energy. I feel as though my mind is always racing with thoughts that I can t control, and I know I shouldn t look to the internet for answers, but I was wondering if anyone has had an experience like this and can share some advice. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012