Have anxiety and mitro valve prolapse. Is MVP harmless?

Hello, I have been diagnosed with Anxiety and Mitro valve prolapse ...I am still so afraid that my heart is just going to stop with as many weird symptoms I have..My heart dr told me that MVP is very safe and harmless and nothing to worry about..should I seek out a second opinion or trust her and just ignore my symptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
The diagnosis of MVP depends upon echocardiography, which uses ultrasound to visualize the mitral valve. The prevalence of MVP is estimated at 2-3% of the population.
prognosis of MVP depend upon grading of MVP and associated disease ( collagen vascular disorder / congenital heart disease, rheumatic heart disease , mitral regurgitation) - discuss with your doctor in detail .
Individuals with MVP are at higher risk of bacterial infection of the heart, called infective endocarditis. This risk is approximately three- to eightfold the risk of infective endocarditis in the general population