Have ankle fracture. Painful, swollen. Wearing boot for fracture

I have an ankle fracture on my left foot but the left side of my ankle is very painful to the touch and extends to the back of the heel and up my leg. I have been wearing a boot for my fracture but the other side of my ankle still is painful and swells up. I can elevate the foot but it doesn t help. I have spoken to my doctor about it and all he says is that the fracture is heeling but he shows no concern for the right side of my ankle.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013