Have allergy to food. No medication as off now. What is the cure for this?

I ave become allergic to a lot of foods and things over the past 5/6 yrs and take benadryl to relieve the allergic reactions; hives, itch and such. I always take one then two then three to help it settle down and a shower. The other night I had to take 5 and it was horrible, took a while before I was okay. Is there somthing else I should be doing? I had an epi pen twice but it expired and then I wasnT sure if I really needed it.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013