Have adenoma growth on parathyroid glands. Abnormal PTH blood test reports. Adenoma removal suggested. Any other treatment?

I am a active 47 year old women and have a health concern/question. My GP suspects I have a Adenoma growth(s) on my Parathyroid Glands due to two abnormal PTH Blood Test results. My calcium and magnesium levels appear to be fine, but my PTH tests are high (last one was a reading of 87 this month, which was up from 57 last September. I am not sure of the unit volume). I am scheduled for a 3 hour Nuclear Scan tomorrow for further investigation. My GP thinks I need surgery to remove the Adenomas to get the PTH levels back to normal. Is surgery the only prevention to remove the Adenomas and get the PTH levels back to normal so the Calcium levels does not cause Osteoporosis, Kidney Stones and Heart problems? Is there a less invasive way to get the PTH levels back to normal, especially when my calcium levels are normal? I am feeling pressured into surgery. My only symptom is fatigue and headaches around my monthly cycle. Will things get worse if I do not have the surgery?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013