Have adenocarcinoma. Swollen legs and feet. Concerned about blood clots

My 73 year old father was diagnosed with stage 4 edenocarcinoma in November 2011.He had a gastrectomy , partial pacrectomy, spleenectomy, and part of his esophogus removed in December 2011. He recovered remarkably well, has an appetite , and enough energy to drive to the store ect. One month ago, however, he developed swollen legs and feet. He says he does not want to go to the doctor until his next oncology appointment which is on June 7, 2012. Should I be concerned. It this something he needs to go to the emergency room for? I am concerned about blood clots.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012