Have acute back pain, vomiting, headaches, sickness. Allergic to morphine. On demerol. Is that sufficient?

Hi. I've had a prn Rx for demerol since 1980 due to intermittant acute back pain after having a disc removed (L-4/L5) in 1976. My new doctor now tells me its an "archaic" drug and he can no longer prescribe it. I'm allergic to morphine (makes me very sick, vomiting and severe headaches). My doctor didn't give me any idea of an alternative medication...just said I should come see him when it happens. Totally out of the question as I can barely crawl when it happens let alone make a trip to a doctors office and climb a bunch of stairs. What can I take instead?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013