Have acid reflux, coarse throat, duodenum. What is the cause?

age 45, male, Indian. Having acid reflux problem in the night during sleep. after I wake up in the morning my throat will become coarse. 2 years back I consulted a doc and after taking acid inhibiting drugs for some time and getting a slped mattress the problem seemed to have dissappeared. But again now voice is craoking in the morning and looks like my mattress has sagged and that may be the reason. But what is the root cause? how to rectify the underlying cause? could it be the sphincter not working probably or a problem with deodenum? what speaciality doctor should I consult? a gastro?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013