Have acid reflexes, feels like something stuck in throat. How to recuperate from ill effects of smoking?

Sir, I feel like something stuck in the right side of my throat near my chest . I have been smoking for 8 years (a pack a day) and now a quitter. I do get acid refluxes. I was in the UK for the last 3 years and it never happened to me there. But as soon as I left, I am getting this acid refluxes quite often. I wonder If my throat problem and acid reflux are somehow connected. Also advise me the best mean to recuperate from the ill effects of my smoking habit.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012