Have acid and gas. Taking herbal churna. Upper part of stomach is bulged. Cure?

I have acid and gas in the stomach for about an year. The doctors gave me some western tablets but could not cure it. So I got some Indian herbal churna which has did a good job. The noise in my stomach has almost gone but I am still taking the churna daily. The upper part of my stomach bulged, appears the aesophagus is ab normal. Please advise.

R Kumar
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The major part of oesophagus in the won't cause the bulge..
It may be lax abdominal wall / ventral hernia / even simple fat... see a surgeon
'Noise in stomach' is a normal event - comes and goes by itself! / acid and gas may from ulcer / see a gastro-enterologist and have Oesophago-Gastro-Duodenoscopy for proper assessment and assistance

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

No tablets or herbs wont help if you dont know what is the reason of your problems. And it can be peptic ulcer, acid reflux disease, stomach inflammation, Helicobacter Pylori infection of the stomach. Sometimes, stomach cancer can also give such symptoms what should not be neglected.
Without H.Pylori eradication, symptoms wont go away no matter what will you do.

That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor and have gastroscopy performed. During this test, H.Pylori infection will be checked. If present, antibiotics should be given.

In a meanwhile you should avoid coffee, chocolate, fatty foods, spicy foods, fruit juices.

Hope this will help.