Have ache under collar bone, hurts on touch, frequent. What is it?

Hi ive got an ache under my collarbobe ob the right side it hurts to touch and has been on and off for about two montha gradually becoming more frequent. I now get this aching feeling at least 5 times a day even whilst sitting still. It is now almost painful to avoid. Any ideas on what this could be as I do not want to go to my gp unless necessary as they hate to do referrals and tend to fob people off with an unexplained illness! Please help as its upsetting me as I keep thinking its a sign of cancer!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013