Have abscessed tooth, swelling, tingling feeling in hands. Are they both connected?

This concerns my 27 yr old daughter. Her teeth are not in good condition. She has battled what appears to be an abscessed tooth in the rear on left side over the weekend. She now complains of swelling in her hands and tingling feeling. There is fever and heat in the area. Swelling has not really increased, but just not decreased or gotten any better with the antibiotics she has. She is concerned about the swelling and I did not think there was a connection between the two. Is there a connection between the swelling & tingling of hands with any tooth ailments?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012