Have abscess after colon reconnection. Severe pain. Why?

my wife has an abscess after colon reconnection. I has been drained by insertion of a tube. She is in a hospital. There is almost nothing coming out after 4 days of draining. the drain tube is still in. she had a ct scan to look at the abscess cavity today.
the question is why is she still in so much pain? Pain meds every 3 hours and just brings pain level down to a 5.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I have requested many times to give full details for ex here you have'nt mentioned here why colon reconnection was done.

Full clinical symptoms are not given like whether she is still having fever or lab investigations like total leukocyte counts, whether she is on antibiotics or not.
So please upload these details at least

Meanwhile I think we should wait for the report of CT scan to know what all is inside abdomen and for the cause of pain.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.