Have abdominal pain. Pain exists with progressive course. Required treatment?

Hello Dr. , i have abdominal pain since one month ago that start as sudden and progressive course was more in rt hypoch. And epigastric area but now its diffuse and mimic as i will go to pertonitis . U/s done and ct with contrast found that there is mild ascitis and rt sude plural effusion , perehepatic L.N 12 mm and perecaval 10 mm , i dont have fever or any symptom just mild change in bowel hapit , i had hx of rt testicular abscess and mass , now my diagnosis was ?? Testicular tumer and operation done for me and rt oreichectomy done and histopath. Report that no malignant cell and there is non speceific chronic inflamatin could be TB but AFB not seen also all my lab result was normal so still i have abdominal pain with progressive course also and no acurrate diagnosis untill now i need your help . Thanks i am Dr. Khaled GP
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Hi, Dr. Khaled, thanks at the platform of H. C. M. Form.
Since you are a doctor and you will understand many things very easily.
Pulmonary and Extra-pulmonary tuberculosis are equally common in masses.
Testicular mass was there and you operated for that also.
Now pain is in right hypochondrium and epigastrium region.
These both areas are different from each from each other but very close to each other and there is pleural effusion on right side
You know that in pleural effusion patient feels pain & threshold of pain is different in different persons.
Aspiration of fluid from pleura will suggest the cause of disease, whether it contains pus or blood.
Send this aspirated fluid to lab for its culture both for bacteria and also for drug sensitivity.
Here following points are to be noted.
==== In the beginning it was in testicles for which you operated.
==== Pleaural effusion
==== Pain in liver i. e . might be an involvement of liver as cirrhosis of the liver are prone to tubercular peritonitis. Alcoholic liver disease are at an increased risk of tuberculosis ( sorry, but if you are chronic alcoholic please consider this point also). Involvement of liver is very common in both pulmonary and extra-pulmonary tuberculosis. Usually hepatic tuberculosis is clinically silent.In liver tuberculosis we have keep vigilance over formation of granuloma because these granulomas coalesce to form a large tumour called as tuberculoma.
Tuberculomas which has undergone extensive caseating and liquefaction necrosis forms a tubercular abscess,we can call it HEPATIC TUBERCULOSIS.
So dr. don't take unnecessary burden and take complete course of tuberculosis . This is my opinion and I hope you will recover very very soon .
Good luck. Dr. Het