Have abdomen pain. Have been tested for uti and pregnancy which was fine. What to do?

I have been experiencing pain in both upper and lower abdomen for the last 2-3 months mainly lower abdomen and groin area. I went to the doctor and they tested for both uti and pregnancy. Both of which came back fine and i have had numerous blood test also. The doctor asked me if i had been spotting or not due to being on the implant for the past 2 years and i hadn't so he never seemed worried but said if i did start spotting or bleeding to let him know. Well the thing is i have ultrasound scans on tues but the last 2 days ive been spotting but its not dark red its bright red blood. Would you say to go to the doctor asap or wait until i have my scan and tell the person on the day.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013