Have a small square shaped mark on left eyelid. Advised to use warm compresses. Is it allergy?

Hi I have a small square shaped mark on my upper left eyelid near the brow, along with that it appears that the skin on my eyelid is bunching along with twitching in the left eye. I visited my eye doctor last may and wad told I have a lot of oil in my eyes and was instructed to use warm compresses. There is some pressure along the left side of my nose and I suffer from allergies.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
The mark which you have may be a small swelling because of the retention of oily secretions in the eye. Warm compresses will definitely help to improve the condition.
Allergy generally causes itching and burning sensation and irritation of eyes.
If you have these symptoms you can just do some cold compresses or simply wash your eyes with cold water.
Hope this will help you..