Have a severe allergic reaction. Was on steroids for 3 days it had reduced later it started again. What could it be? What should we do?

My daughter seems to have a severe allergic reaction, but we don't know what it's from. She is only 7 months old. She got it once about three weeks ago and her pediatrician prescribed three days of steroids, and this past Saturday it came back. Her pediatrician says she has not seen anything like it especially since shes only 7 months and an allergist test is not done until twelve months. What could it be? What should we do?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013