Have a red sore on upper inner thigh, sensitive, painful, left with purple scars. Treatment?

i have a red sore on my upper inner thigh. the area of a half dollar is very hard and the center looks like a reddish protruding volcano with the circumference roughly the size of a pea. It is extremely sensitive and painful. it is extremely painful when it touches any part of my clothing or comes in contact with anything else. what is it and what should i do about it? I had one about 2 months ago, and now have a purple scar in it s place.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012