Have a major R.A. flareups. Was taken prdnisone earlier for this problem. Can it be taken again now?

I came off prdnisone 5 weeks ago. The dosage started at 4x5mg daily for 2 weeks then a half tablet reduction every week.The problem is I am back having major R.A.flareups which last for weeks on end. So I would like to know if its ok to start taking Prednisone again, like starting tomorrow.It will be almost 4 weeks before i get in to talk to my reumatologist , in the meantime i'm not able to function very well.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013